|Additional Features when used with the Scripting Module (included as part of the PAX-it! Motorized Microscope Stage Module):
- Functions of the motorized stage movement, focus movement, camera controls, and PAX-it! software may be written into stored scripts for automated microscopy that include automated image analysis.
- Scripts may be assigned to a button on the PAX-it! toolbar for one-click implementation.
- Scripts are written in vbs or bas format, allowing for additional non-PAX-it! code to be implemented, or for the routines to be called from other applications.
- Samples of potential scripts include:
- Capture multiple planes of focus at defined intervals, and fuse the resulting Z-stack to form the final image.
- Call a stored region of interest, move the automated stage about its stored fields of view, change the camera’s settings to preset stored values for each field of view, focus the sample at each field, capture an image, and perform a defined analysis routine on each image.
- Prompt the user to define a new region of interest, then automatically capture adjacent fields of view in the ROI, tile the results together, and QuickSave the resulting image into a PAX-it project folder.
- Create your own scripts for your particular application, specific to the needs of your lab. Metallography, inspection, biology, manufacturing, research, medicine, forensics, metrology, materials science, or quality control, and whether your work involves measurement, image processing, automated image analysis, automated inspection, or just needs repeatable placement of samples for documentation… the entire process can be simplified through scripting.