In the semiconductor fabrication environment, a myriad of optical inspection, measurement, and imaging requirements exists. The PAXcam family of digital microscope cameras, and PAX-it! image management, database, reporting and measurement software fit the needs of the various R&D, process engineering, photolithography, testing, and failure analysis requirements of semiconductor device design and manufacturing. PAXcam and its integrated PAX-it! software can complement each step, from concept through production and final testing.
The PAXcam camera, installed on a microscope in the wafer fab clean room, offers an improved workflow due to PAX-it!’s ease of use. The digital imaging format eliminates the need for hard copy printing at the source – so the video printers of yesterday can be removed from the clean room environment. Say goodbye to their slow speed and potential for particulate generation (contamination), and free up valuable bench space.
Images can now be stored digitally on the network, and network printers can produce photographic quality prints outside of the fab. Word, Excel, or Power Point documents and presentations can be easily produced and printed as well, using PAX-it!’s report generator. In addition, with a networked PAX-it! installation, engineers and management outside of the fab can view images, notes, and measurement information stored in the PAX-it! database, without having to gown up and enter the lab. This saves precious time and cleanroom clothing expenses.
Finally, an optional “Live Remote Viewing” module exists for networked PAXcam users, where consultants outside of the fab can share the camera’s realtime live view with the operator in the clean room, while they scan, inspect, or measure a sample inside the lab. This great feature allows for consults based on the microscopic view, without having to be gowned up and at the scope itself.
In maintaining the process in the wafer fab, it is often necessary to measure the “critical dimensions” of various geometries on the device. The need for deep sub-micron measurements are now typically addressed with in-process SEM’s. However, in some environments a SEM is not needed, as features are either not small enough to require one and/or the budget is not large enough to purchase and maintain one. With the PAX-it! Image Analysis module used in conjunction with an optical microscope, users can measure line widths and other features automatically and very repeatably using measurement routines created with the PAX-it! measurement wizard. SEM images are also compatible with PAX-it! and can be stored in the database, measured, and reported on from within the PAX-it! environment.
If you support a semiconductor fab, a PAXcam digital microscope camera is the perfect accessory for use in the fab environment! The PAXcam family of cameras offers the following:
- Multiple resolutions to meet your specific application and budget
- Easy, one-cable connection from the camera to your computer’s USB2 port
- PAX-it! Image Database Software comes standard with the camera to database your high-resolution images, search, annotate images, automatically create reports and documents; cameras also include a TWAIN interface for use with other imaging software
- Ability to capture images directly into report templates
- Ability to capture images and upload them to an FTP site or website with one click
- Ability to view the device features under your microscope in real time on your computer monitor
- Ability to attach to most common semiconductor microscopes using c-mount digital microscope camera adapters; through a microscope trinocular head or photoport.
- Scientific-grade chip in the camera produces spectacular images without interpolation, distortion, or “dead pixels”
- Small enough to carry in a laptop case; portable
- Accurate color rendition
- Optional upgrades to do digital measurements or image analysis or remote consultation via live streaming
PAXcam digital microscope cameras are used in semiconductor fabs and microelectronics manufacturing plants around the world. Contact us to request pricing information or to discuss the options you have with PAXcam.